This follows his failure to appear at the Alexandra Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday for assaulting his girlfriend and sister.
The 60-year-old, who used to feature on e.tv soap Rhythm City, had publicly apologised to his sister Queen Sephuma for choking her at their family home in Alexandra.
National Prosecuting Authority spokeswoman Phindi Louw confirmed a warrant of arrest had been issued for Sephuma.
“He failed to attend court and a warrant was issued for his arrest,” said Louw.
When asked for comment, Sephuma said: “Eish! My sister went to withdraw the case and told me everything was fine. I honestly didn’t know I had to go to court for mediation.”
Sephuma said he would go to court and sort the matter out on Monday.
“It’s not and will never be my intension to disregard the court,” he said. “I’ll put this as my priority for Monday.”
Queen confirmed she had withdrawn the case against her brother.
“I have since withdrawn the case against him,” said Queen.
“At the police station, I was given a form to sign. I told them he did not threaten me at all. We forgave each other and are fine.”
Sephuma was arrested on March 15 and appeared in court the following day.
According to the actor, an “altercation” over the family stand between his sister and him had turned physical.
A police statement seen by Sunday World suggests Sephuma and his girlfriend were in his bedroom when his sister heard screams coming from there .
“She went to the room and found him choking the girlfriend. When she tried to remove him, he turned and choked her too,” read part of the statement.